Delta Dental is very careful with your personal information. We collect it through secure, encrypted channels, limit access to it, and prohibit its unlawful exposure.
Examples of the information Delta Dental may collect from you are:
- Your name
- Email address
- Primary member ID number (may include social security number, employee ID or alternate ID number)
- Date of birth
- Credit card information (if you are purchasing dental benefits online)
- For dentists, your license number or tax identification number
Delta Dental may also collect information about the device you use to access our electronic services.
Why Delta Dental needs your information
Delta Dental uses your information to help us provide you with tools and services related to our dental plans. We collect this information from:
- Your online registration, enrollment, or subscription. Delta Dental collects information from you when you register for online services, enroll in one of our dental plans online or participate in a promotion. We use this information to service your accounts and online transactions. Delta Dental may also use it to let you know about our products or services that we think you'd like.
- Your account activity. Once your account has been opened, Delta Dental collects and maintains information about your account activity. This allows us to administer your account and provide the services you have requested.
Email policies (use of your email)
If you are a member in one of our plans, Delta Dental may use your email address to contact you with information about your plan or to send you information that you have subscribed to or requested from us.
If you are someone who does business with Delta Dental (e.g., a broker or dental professional in the Delta Dental network) or a potential customer, Delta Dental may use your email address to contact you with information about our products and services and other important company news that is relevant to your future or current business relationship with us.
Remember, if you decide that you’d like to stop receiving email from Delta Dental, you can opt out by following the instructions included in each email or newsletter.
If you have any problems in opting out or canceling your subscription, send an email to AARPDentalInfo@delta.org, indicate “opt-out” in the subject line and describe the problem in the body of the message.
Sharing of information
Delta Dental does not sell your information.
Delta Dental may share your information with third party companies as necessary to administer your Delta Dental benefits or to provide you with services you have requested from us. These third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
Delta Dental may share certain non-health information with AARP and AARP Services, Inc. to allow them to analyze members’ needs and interests generally. AARP Services, Inc. may also share your non-health information with other AARP service providers in order, for example, to inform you of other AARP member benefits and services that may be of interest to you.
If you do not want AARP Services, Inc. to share your member information with AARP service providers, and you do not want to receive promotional mailings from these AARP service providers, you may call AARP at 1-800-424-3410.
Delta Dental may also share your information as required or permitted by law.