Skip to main content

Getting dental care abroad

Living in the Philippines? Traveling out of the Country?

Delta Dental does not maintain a participating dentist network overseas for the Veterans Affairs Dental Program, but we do make it easy for enrollees to locate a dentist and receive dental care internationally. Whether inside or outside the United States, enrollees can call our English-speaking dentist referral service 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

  • From inside the U.S. — Toll-Free: 888-558-2705
  • From outside the U.S. — Collect: 312-356-5971

When calling from outside of the US, you must first dial the international dialing code from the country in which you are located, then the country code for the US (“1”) and then this number: 312-356-5971. Let the operator know that you are calling collect.

Filing an Overseas Claim

If you receive treatment internationally, pay the dentist for the services rendered and ask for a detailed billing statement. Ensure the statement documents the treatment provided, the tooth number receiving treatment, date of service, and the cost of service.

When possible, have the billing statement translated into English. This helps us quickly process your claim. The currency is converted by Delta Dental.

Forward the statement and a completed   claim form (PDF, 644KB) to the address/fax on the claim form. Or use our Overseas Online Claim Submission tool to submit your claim electronically. Note that overseas claims are processed and benefits paid as out-of-network when services are performed by a dentist who is located internationally (outside the continental United States, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico). 

Delta Dental’s Veterans Affairs Dental Insurance Program is administered by the Federal Government Programs division of Delta Dental of California through its subsidiary Delta Dental Insurance Company (DDIC).